Friday, October 14, 2011

Birth Announcement

Friday 14th October at approximately 6.30am Sweetie's girlfriend, Peaches, delivered SEVEN adorable babies. Yes SEVEN.  Unfortunately baby one has gone to heaven which still leaves little Peaches with half a football team.  They are all precious little creatures, perfectly formed and eager to live. They are just so tiny - between 35-55 grams each.  Their tiny little mouths are going to find solid food difficult so they are being supplemented with special formula around every four hours (if they were orphaned it would need to be every two hours, but I don't want to interfere with their desire to feed from mama. Sweetie said 'rumblegurglegigglegurgle' which I think means I'm very happy. He then licked and snuggled the baby I showed him.

Peaches is beside herself with a mixture of pride, fear and is STARVING.  I'm doing all I know how to do which is offer everyone food! Lots and lots of yummy treats and encouragement.  Fingers crossed we all survive this miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment